Throughout the year News10 airs thousands of public service announcements. These announcements are designed to inform the viewing audience of issues concerning their health, safety, welfare and happiness.
News10 accepts pre-produced public service announcements from any 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, local law enforcement, local fire, or community safety group. Special attention is given to PSAs dealing with issues concerning families, children and education in our region. Submissions should be made at least eight weeks in advance of the desired air date. Acceptable formats are professional BetaCam, or Sony DVCam. Three-quarter-inch U-matic, 1 inch video tape, VHS, S-VHS or 8mm tapes are unacceptable. Tapes cannot be returned. Selection of PSAs for air is solely at the discretion of the management of News10. PSA's can be mailed to:
Sacramento, Ca 95818
Things to remember when submitting PSA's:
• Please include a letter stating your 501(c)(3) status so we don't have to search out to make sure you are indeed non-profit
• Lengths of PSA's we accept: :10, :15, :30, :60
• Tapes will not be returned to you after submitted
• Unfortunately we cannot call every non-profit we receive tapes from to let them know if their PSA will air or not
• Local content is always appreciated
*News10 is currently in the process of re-evaluating our PSA submission process so please check back on news10.net under "Community" for revised directions soon.